Author Topic: New Member  (Read 32452 times)

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

« on: October 14, 2008, 08:38:09 AM »
     Hello, My name is Beverly Kohn and hope to find everyone fine this morning. It has taken me awhile to post because I am new to the computer also! I joined Clan MacTavish-Thompson in 2007 at the Glasgow games in Ky. and was really impressed with the people I met there. Disappointed in the events  afterward but I think everyone's made the right decisions since then concerning  getting back to our own roots and finding out the truth of our history! I will give a little back ground of family at a later date and  even though we haven't found out alot, maybe it will help. I hate to introduce myself and turn around and ask for help,but, my sister and her husband are traveling to England for a business trip and will have time to tour England and Scotland for awhile and are having trouble finding accommodations in London for less than $400.00 u.s., does anyone have any ideas? That is for 3 days. I appreciate any help as they are leaving on the 24th of this month. They have plans to stay in Gloucester for their business meetings and then are going to Edinburgh and the Isle of Skye to tour and back to London and that seems to be hardest place to find something reasonable.  Any ideas would be great! Thank you in advance and to everyone in Clan Thompson society "I hope the best you've ever seen will be the worst you ever see!" I read that somewhere and loved it!
                                   From one hard headed Thompson to another!

Paula Cash Womack

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 11:17:06 AM »
Hi Beverly,

Welcome to the Forum!! 

About London hotels....There are discount hotel sites for London on the internet.  Basically it seems like a half price rate at a lot of London hotels, both in town and out skirts.  I did a search for "london hotels" and quite a few came up... and they include prices

Paula

Donna

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:06:56 PM »
Hey Beverly,
It's a pleasure to welcome you to the Clan Thompson Society!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Donna

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 12:09:39 PM »
Guess What Folks.....ANOTHER HAPPY DANCE !

My cousin, Jan Cunningham, is joining as a LIFE TIME MEMBER !

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 05:18:01 PM »
Hi Beverly and welcome!!!!!  You nailed us with hard-headed I think!!!!
James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke
Sip your beer and chew your scotch!

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 09:30:36 AM »
           Good morning! Thank you for the welcome and thank you Paula for the help with London hotels. It's nice to meet you Duke, I felt a little dajevue because I had an uncle named James Edward Thompson, my dads little brother,cool huh? He had the best sense of humor he was great!   Hope you all have a great day!                                                                                                         

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 12:50:46 PM »
Hi Beverly!

I met you at Glasgow when you and your sister joined the Clan MacTavish/Thompson! It's great to see you on the forum...and I hope we will be able to help you find something for your sister's trip..... You're truly among friends here and we offer quite a collection/selection!

Mary

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 12:53:42 PM »
And welcome to our newest LIFE member, Jan Cunningham!  I asked Donna if we could look for any more members from her family but she seems to be running out of them!  ;D  Jan, I hope you get involved with your cousin AND the group here on the forum. Donna and I have been working on project for the past couple of months now and we're always ready to pull in some other helpful souls!

Thank you most sincerely for your support.......... and faith.

Mary

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 01:01:17 PM »
my sister and her husband are traveling to England for a business trip and will have time to tour England and Scotland for awhile and are having trouble finding accommodations in London for less than $400.00 u.s., does anyone have any ideas? That is for 3 days. I appreciate any help as they are leaving on the 24th of this month. They have plans to stay in Gloucester for their business meetings and then are going to Edinburgh and the Isle of Skye to tour and back to London and that seems to be hardest place to find something reasonable.  Any ideas would be great!

Beverly ---- do you know if they  have a preference in what PART of London they stay?  For example:

* Bayswater
    * Belgravia
    * Chelsea
    * City Of London
    * Covent Garden
    * Docklands
    * Earls Court
    * Hampstead
    * Kensington
    * Knightsbridge
    * Maida Vale
    * Marble Arch
    * Marylebone
    * Mayfair
    * Notting Hill
    * Pimlico
    * Richmond
    * South Kensington
    * St James Park, Westminster
    * Trafalgar Square
    * Victoria
    * West End
    * Westminster
    * Westminster / St James Park
    * Westminter/Victoria
    * Wimbledon

Would they be interested in self-catering or B&B or just hotels?

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 02:53:48 PM »
Hi Beverly, where is your Uncle James Edward from?

Beverly Kohn(Thompson)

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 03:02:30 PM »
              Hey Duke, my dads family were all from Edmonson county,Ky. a small town called Brownsville.   My uncle worked as a driver for Fort Knox after WWII, transporting newbies in from Louisville,Ky. to Fort Knox, boy was that fun for us girls!!!

Barbara

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 07:35:04 PM »
Hi Beverly and a warm welcome to you.  I can tell you fit right in with us reprobates,  ;D, great to have you with us.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Booner

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 09:26:01 PM »
Hi Beverly!  and welcome to the family!

I think I have missed say "HI" to other new members so I'll do that now. A very big weclome to all our new members ( and a "hi' TO THE OLD-TIMERS TOO)

Has anyone noticed the huge influx of new members of late--outstanding!!!!!!!!!!

A big thnaks to the newbies, and a pat of the back to the Old-timers

mY BEST REGARDS TO YOU ALL
Booner

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 08:35:38 PM »
Thanks Beverly,

Was fishing for Pennsylvania, haven't gotten to any family in Kentucky so far but will keep you posted...

Thanks,

Duke

Jan Cunningham

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 01:48:14 PM »
Hello Everyone,
   My name is Jan Cunningham, I'm Donna Lingren's cousin.  I have just become a Life Member of Clan
Thompson Society.  I live & work on the southern Oregon coast & really love it here.  I moved here
from Arizona 16 years ago & can't imagine living anywhere else.
   I work for the largest truck repair shop on the OR. coast as bookkeeper & office manager.  I've been
at this job my entire time in OR.
   I was born & raised in Minnesota & have two brothers, older one in Ohio & younger one in Oklahoma.
They have a good Scot name also, McKinley (I'm a Cunningham by marraige only).
   My cousin, Donna, has done extensive genealogy work on our mothers' side (Thompson) of the family
& has given me a start on my father's side (McKinley).
   I'm looking forward to exploring the Clan Thompson Society website & learning more about my ancestors.
Should prove interesting.
   Oh, I go by jcbowls because I'm a bowler.
   Bye for now,
      Jan C.