Poll

East Lothian graves

new members
0 (0%)
East Lothian graves
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: New member  (Read 11395 times)

Xandra

« on: August 25, 2009, 08:18:36 PM »
Hi Clan Thompson,
My name is Xandra and I live in Australia my Grandmother is a Thomson.  I have been researching her tree for a number of years now!
If I am right and I hope I am after all these years I have got back to my 9th grandfather Alexander Thomson born Cir 1633 Tranent, East Lothian.  I have just returned from a trip to Scotland and took lots of picture's of graves around East Lothian and Midlothian.   I would be happy to share  my pictures of grave stones if they would be of any use.
Regards
Xandra

Mary

• Administrator
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 06:28:38 AM »
Hi Xandra and welcome to this crazy group!  ;D

There are a lot of our members whose genealogy research ends with emigration from Scotland or Ireland, so you are really fortunate! And you got to GO there! I'm still waiting and hoping my 'turn' will come. My husband has been there, but not me (yet!).

Your poll - I'm missing something because I don't understand the relationship between "new member" and "East Lothian Graves" ????  I would think either pictures of Thomson graves (or just the information FROM the gravestones at this point!) would be helpful to somebody who is already a member or who might join us later........ but I'm confused on what selecting 'new member' would tell you???

Gotta dash - but again, welcome!

Mary

Xandra

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 04:07:16 PM »
Sorry Mary am new to this posting thing.

melissathompson

Re: New member to Xandra
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 09:55:19 PM »
Hi Xandra, I am a just joined member myself,and I remember how good it felt to be welcomed by everyone. So I in turn, want to add my welcome to you. How nice to visit Scotland this summer, it sounds like a wonderful trip.   Take care   Melissa 

Moira

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 06:39:56 PM »
Xandra - you wouldn't believe how many times soooooo many of us have written lengthy posts and then timed out! So, you learn as you go along. (Hint: if you are going to do a long post, do it in WORD or some other processor and when you get it all finished, login to the forum and paste it!)

Good to see you posting, Melissa!  I don't know where the rest of the people are --- I know Stu has been slowed down a bit, but Michael, Booner, Barbara, Thomas, etc.............you need to get online!

Don't forget to give us some genealogy info to have a look at!

Welcome!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:43:42 PM by Forum_mgr »

Xandra

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 09:40:33 PM »
Hi Clan Thomson,
Thank you to all for the warm welcome and to Moira for the tips.   Melissa  I hope you get your turn to go to Scotland soon.   I did have a wonderful time in Scotland  and attended the gathering 2009 in Edinburgh but it would have been nice to see a Thomson tent !   There was a Thomson banner carried by Clan Mac Thomas I think?  If I recall they said there was a banner lying around and they said they thought one of them should carry it for the clan parade up the Royal Mile, very nice of them I thought.
Thanks again
Xandra

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 08:50:46 AM »
Welcome  Xandria ! Lucky girl, to go to Scotland! 

Welcome Melissa also! Where do you hail from?