Author Topic: New Member; Glenn James Thomson  (Read 11733 times)

GlennThomson

New Member; Glenn James Thomson
« on: September 28, 2009, 06:05:34 PM »
Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Glenn James Thomson and I reside in Bucks County,Pa (originally from Yonkers,NY) with my wife Maryanne(nee Guest), and daughter Allison.
I had volunteered at The Celtic Classic in Bethlehem,PA this past weekend and as I was leaving yesterday, I walked by the Clan Societies tents and saw the Clan Thom(p)son tent! I stopped and chatted with Jim Reed for a bit and he was a well of info! I was absolutely amazed since I had never seen a Thom(p)son clan anything anywhere! I am so happy that you are all here and trying to bring recognition to the name/names Thom(p)son and all their septs. I know I'll learn a lot here!

Barbara

Re: New Member; Glenn James Thomson
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:28:03 PM »
Hello Glenn James and welcome!  It's great to have you on board.  I hope to see you posting and remember, have fun!  :D

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Jim Reed, PA Commish

• Jim Reed - PA Commissioner
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 03:34:48 AM »
Glenn,

Cead Mile Failte (One Hundred Thousand Welcomes) Welcome Aboard!!  It was a pleasure talking with you and your family at the Classic Celtic fest.  I am planning on setting up a Clan tent at two other Gatherings in your area in 2010 that we haven't been to before.  Check for postings on the forum next spring.  Your comments validate the belief I have held for years is that the best way to get the word out is by providing a visible presence at these Celtic Fests and Highland Games.  I know my initial intrest in my Thom(p)son heritage was generated at the Ligioner Games many years ago through by Clan Tent that one of the other Societies that recognize us as a Sept had setup.

Jim Reed

Paula Cash Womack

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 08:00:36 AM »
Welcome! 
You have definitely found the right place.
Glad to have you with us on the Forum.

We also invite you to join Clan Thompson Society as full member.
Again, Welcome Glenn.

Paula Womack
Membership Secretary

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »
Glen and family welcome to the extended Thom(p)son family.
     I 'm glad you found us and that we found you. I noted that you were in Bucks Co PA.
  I am always an optimist when anyone hints they just might have some connections to PA. There is always the hope
that I will find some links to my family. Is there any chance you will post your genealogy on the forum? There are several of us who had ancestors arriving or just passing through PA and we are eager to grab at any passing straws.
Tom

Donna

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 12:54:59 PM »
Hey Glenn,
Welcome to the Forum!  I hope you feel right at home here and that you come by
to post often.    :D

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 05:51:17 AM »
Welcome Glenn to you and your family! Enjoy the ride it should be lots of fun!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 08:14:20 AM »
Late as usual........ :( WELCOME!

I'm Mary, generally considered the "Jackie of all trades" in the group. At the moment, I'm trying to fill in for our genealogist who is dealing with family health problems. Like Tom mentioned, it would be great if you could put your genealogy info in the genealogy section at the top of the home page....that way, everyone can see it and see if they have any connections. It's already happened a number of times! And, if you get really enthused, you might want to check the DNA discussions -- we've had 5 different members find out that they have a -1 common ancestor 6 generations back (a -1 would be brothers, uncle/nephew) and now they are all working together on their info.

We also have our own database hosted at Rootsweb  http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=clan_thompson With your permission, any genealogical info you send will be added.....

Don't be shy --- I'm sure there are lots of questions or ideas out there that we haven't explored yet....maybe you'll bring one to light!