Author Topic: Pipe smokers?  (Read 8732 times)

IanKiser

Pipe smokers?
« on: January 22, 2016, 08:33:08 PM »
I wonder how many if any of my cousins are pipe smokers? I am one and love the hobby. Recently I came across a pipe maker who does laser etching on their pipes and I think the crest would look cool on one. I wonder if it would be alright for me to get one and bring it to the games. The company is http://www.boswellpipes.com/boswelllaserart1.html

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
Re: Pipe smokers?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 09:50:02 AM »
That's a great idea! I would love to see the finished results. I'm not a pipe smoker but I know a few who are. I think that would look so cool. I don't think you can smoke a pipe at the tent ( most of them anyway) but there are places (usually) that you can go and have a smoke. What you could do, when you're not smoking it, is leave it on one of the tables at the tent and it would make for a great conversation piece!  :)

cousin Cheryll
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 07:27:18 PM »
I wonder how many if any of my cousins are pipe smokers? I am one and love the hobby. Recently I came across a pipe maker who does laser etching on their pipes and I think the crest would look cool on one. I wonder if it would be alright for me to get one and bring it to the games. The company is http://www.boswellpipes.com/boswelllaserart1.html

Sure! New ideas are always good - ask about pricing for us and if we can just order if/when we get an order and have him drop ship.

Hey Ian - any chance you could take it to the Loch Norman games? Tom and I won't be there this year, but Sharon and Jim will be and surely one of you three could get us some pictures! Tom used to smoke a pipe - I really liked it - but when I quit cigarettes, he quit smoking too. Guess he thought it would bother me.  I will be at the Maryville, TN games in May with Sherry Anderson. It's a nice games if you haven't been there - a bit of a drive for you, but Sherry comes in from Ashevillet. We could get some pics then.......

Whatever!

Another thing - would you be able to help out at the tent for a few hours Saturday or Sunday? With only two in the tent, they won't get to see much of the games or vendors, so if you could relieve them for an hour or two, it would help.

IanKiser

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 09:00:00 AM »
If I get the pipe by then I will bring it. And of course I will be happy to help in any way I can. Possibly both days. If we get a good view of the field it may be my place to hang out and watch the games lol.

Right now I am trying to get a pricing for it, but they haven't responded back yet. I will let everyone know when I do.

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 12:39:19 PM »
Hi Ho Ian!

My paternal Grandfather (Pop) was a pipe smoker as was my Dad (Wally) and they both had quite a collection. I love the smell of that cherry blend!

If you could attend and take pictures at the Loch Norman Games that would be AWESOME! Send them to me or post them here and I'll save the images, and add them to the spring Newsletter. Roberto and I will not be at the Loch Norman Games this year,  :'( first time since 2009.  Have a Scotch Egg for me.  ;D

Yours aye,
Sherry
The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.