General Category > Games & Festivals

2009 Central Florida Highland Games Jan 17-18

(1/14) > >>

Duke Thompson:
The January games are fast approaching.  I was thinking of working them but have realized that I should volunteer to arrange and work a Clan Thompson tent.  Checking prices but I think it would be a hundred some dollars and I could probably swing that.  I would want Clan approval and would need help with background info and something to distribute, but have a degree in marketing I could put to use on it.

Any thoughts?  Anyone nearby or planning to attend?

Donna:
Hey Duke,

First, dont forget to send me your address so I can mail your Thank You gift...

Please get more information on the cost of the tent etc.   I'm sure we can pull together a few items for you to make a display.

Donna

Mary:
Hi Duke -

We have time. We need a Florida commissioner ---- are you volunteering? We have support as far as table covers, tent banners, handouts, literature, etc.  For background, recommend you read the various websites about the Border reivers (even thought we aren't listed on some of them!). Two books I would recommend are Steel Bonnets by Fraser and The Border Reivers by Moffat. You can find them used on amazon.com or addall.com for very reasonable prices. Steel Bonnets is a very in depth study and the Border Reivers is more 'reader friendly'....... Tom is working on a Thom(p)son-specific history for the Border and Lothian areas and we'll have that ready for you (and possibly an abbreviated history for handout) by then.

Maybe it would be best if we talked on the phone and discussed some of these areas.........if you agree, let us know when would be convenient and we'll give you a ring!

It would be great to have a presence at the games in Florida!

Mary

Duke Thompson:
Happy to talk about it, give me a call.  I did check and the tent, table and 2 chairs for the 2 days would be $85-$95.  Less than I had heard through the grapevine.

Duke Thompson:
So, I believe I have been duly appointed and duly accepted and duly confirmed in the role of Florida Commissioner for the Clan Thompson Society.  Now, everyone plan to come to Orlando in January for the games!!!!  We do not have snow!!! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version