Author Topic: NOT A WASTE  (Read 11092 times)

MACTAVISH

NOT A WASTE
« on: April 19, 2008, 05:21:34 AM »
IT IS THE CUSTOM IN SCOTLAND, WHEN VISITING ANCESTORS GRAVES, TO LEAVE THEM A DRAM= A DRINK OF WHISKY. ON YOUR BEHALF I LEFT THEM A BOTTLE OF SINGLE MALT! HOPEFULLY THE PHOTIES WILL SHOW THIS.I LEFT IT ON THE OLDEST GRAVE I FOUND-1606- IN KELSO ABBEY.(THERE ARE OLDER GRAVES BUT THEY ARE ILLEGIBLE I HAD TO BE DIRECTED TO THIS ONE BY MARY LANGTON)SO MUCH IS THIS CUSTOM RESPECTED IN SCOTLAND; WHEN I RETURN THERE IN A FEW WEEKS TIME YOU AN GUARENTEE THE BOTTLE WILL STILL BE THERE.
 DOES ANYONE WANT TO TAKE BETS ITS STILL THERE OR NOT? YOU CAN BET IT IS!

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
Re: NOT A WASTE
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 09:31:38 AM »
I hope it will still be there. It would be nice to confirm integrity and honor still exists - On the other hand, knowing people like you show it's not.

Thank you on behalf of all of us!

MACTAVISH

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 10:12:18 AM »
I NOT ONLY DID IT FOR YOU ALL BUT A LITTLE BIT FROM MYSELF AND CATHY. I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR YOU PEOPLE AND WE ARE ENVELOPED IN YOUR WARMTH OF ACCEPTANCE. WE MAY NOT BE BLOOD KIN, PERHAPS WE'RE MUCH CLOSER THAN THAT.

Graham Thompson

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 10:33:32 AM »
Thats so cool. I want to go and visit Scotland and see the old graves
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Barbara

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 01:18:32 PM »
I hope you get to go some day Graham.   :)

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Graham Thompson

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 07:58:10 PM »
Me to, I think me and Raylene will be going in the next few years when things get settled down, we get a house, jobs are going good, were married, things like that. But i will be going in the next 5 years at the most.
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Booner

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »
MACTAVISH,

"ON YOUR BEHALF I LEFT THEM A BOTTLE OF SINGLE MALT!"

Thank you, You know you are highly esteemed by all of us, but it needs to be said again.

When we get this Thompson Clan thing off the ground, a large part of our success will be because you and Cathy have been huge supporters.

My best regards,
Booner