Author Topic: A better year for all of us in 2012  (Read 11645 times)

Booner

A better year for all of us in 2012
« on: January 24, 2012, 09:02:34 PM »
Hello all!

Unlike many Americans, I'm fortunate in that 2011 was a good year for me and my family. I recognized that I've been blessed and am grateful, and recognized that I'm in the minority as many are not doing nearly so well, and to be honest, sometimes I feel guilty for my good fortune.  I did spread my good fortune among my family this Christmas because I believe in spreading the good fortune.

To all the members here; to all those who are just dropping by for a look, I wish you a much better 2012.

I predict good thing are going to happen.

Best regards,
Booner     

Donna

Re: A better year for all of us in 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:53:55 AM »
Happy 2012 my friend!

You are blessed because you are a blessing to others   :D

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Booner

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:40:26 PM »
Dear Donna,

I'm not sure I'm a blessing to others, but thank you, you're very kind.

I'm off to bed because I've got to get up early tomorrow. I've got four 12 hour days ahead of me then I've got two weeks off.
I took a pill to help me sleep and it's beginning to work, as it's getting a little hard to type.

All the best!

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:44:23 PM »
Well..........considering I managed a graceless tumble resulting in compound fractures and an operation on my leg already, I hope 2012 IMPROVES! ;)

Hey people! Surely you can come up with something for the forum!  It's after the holidays, so you've no more excuses!

Thomas B. Thompson

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 04:39:08 PM »
Hello to all,
I also wish everyone a great 2012. The year got off to rough start. I joined the ranks of the
unemployed. However, I look at this as an opportunty with prospects of better times.
I'm using my unemployment time to take some more classes that I can use in my plan B
later this year. in the meantime I'm becoming a pretty good house-dad. You know, dishes,
cooking, laundry, cleaning, soap operas- I mean HGTV and aking care of the kids- I mean the cats.
So, whatever your situatuion may be, remember the ole saying " take a lemond and make lemonade" or
something like that and embrace it. You could be surprised at what can happen.

Tom ( Indiana )

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 09:58:55 PM »
Sorry to hear about your job Booner. Mine is not great, but at least I have one. All the best for 2012.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Booner

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 12:47:48 AM »
Michael,

No! I still have a job. It's Thomas Thompson who lost his.

Thomas,
I wish your unemployment is short and sweet; nothing but lemonade and all that. All the best to you.

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »
Hey Tombo.......

Put some booze in that lemonade and things will look MUCH better!!!   :o  You and Tom have a lot in common - he's been taking care of the house, dogs, cooking, etc. for the past two months and (it looks like) another to come!  I have graduated just today to crutches and a walker instead of wheelchair and walker!  PROGRESS!

I've been making him watch "Bath-tastic" with me so HE will get some ideas of how to make our bathroom handicapped friendly. At our age, and after the recent stint, we need to address the problem!

Thomas B. Thompson

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »
Booner,
Thanks! I've survived 2 wives and 5 kids---Everything is a cake walk!

Mary, I hope everyone and everything is making progress in the mending department.
With Tom and I developing these house skills, I think we start a Maid Service business
We can call it TNT Maids Inc. and give the customers more bang for their buck ( get it -TNT)

Best Wishes
Tom & Barbara

Booner

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 10:49:14 PM »
Thomas--
" I've survived 2 wives and 5 kids---Everything is a cake walk!"

What an attitude; I love it. The best of luck my friend.

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »
Update!

I'm finally out of the wheelchair (6 weeks) after breaking my leg and ankle, mostly off crutches (2 weeks) and using a cane now! I was finally released to DRIVE on Friday and have already driven into town to buy Chick Fil-A sandwiches just to get behind the wheel!

Still a long way to go to get to 'normal,' but I should be able to enjoy the Glasgow games in June ...........WOO HOO!