Author Topic: A STATEMENT FROM STEVIE MACTAVISH OF GARTHBEG  (Read 16273 times)

MACTAVISH

A STATEMENT FROM STEVIE MACTAVISH OF GARTHBEG
« on: April 29, 2008, 10:47:17 AM »
I WISH TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I ALONE COULD BE ACCUSED OF INSULTING AND THREATENING BEHAVIOUR TO THOSE THAT WRONGLY REPRESENT MY CLAN. THE FORMER I'LL AGREE TO, THE LATTER I DISPUTE. DEFINE THREAT. I BELIEVE THAT I HAVE ONLY PREDICTED FUTURE EVENTS.
 THIS SITE AND THE PEOPLE THAT BELONG TO IT HAVE FREQUENTLY ASKED THAT I MELLOW MY ATTACKS AND CURB MY AGGRESSION. I HAVE TRIED OUT OF RESPECT FOR THEM AND THEIR POSITION.ITS DIFFICULT WHEN YOURE OF WARRIOR CASTE AND FACED WITH WRONG DOING,DECEIT AND FALSEHOODS.
 THE TOMS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEEDS COMMITED BY ME; I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THEIR SOCIETY/CLAN BUT HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN THEIR RESEARCH AND TRUTH SEEKING. I HAVE GUEST ACCESS TO THIS FORUM WHICH HAS SOMETHING THOSE THAT COMPLAIN WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND; FREEDOM OF SPEECH. PERHAPS IVE ABUSED THAT GUESTHOOD. I WILL REITERATE THAT I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO CEASE MY VERBAL ATTACKS ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASSION.FURTHERMORE I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY ACTIONS AND WOULD WILLINGLY TAKE MY CONFRONTATIONS TO THEIR FORUM WERE I ALLOWED ACCESS. BUT MY NAMES MACTAVISH; A NAME NOT REPRESENTED IN THEIR CLAN MACTAVISH SOCIETY.WERE I CALLED SINGH,DONLEY,HUSSAIN,GOLSTEIN, NO PROBLEMS. IM NOT ALLOWED BECAUSE I KNOW THE TRUTH, I ASK QUESTIONS, RELY ON FACTS....AND IM SCOTTISH. I ALSO, AS A GARTHBEG AND DESCENDANT OF SIMON MCTAVISH'S COUSIN , HAVE MORE RIGHT TO CHIEFDOM THAN THOSE PRESENTLY CLAIMING IT.
 FINALLY I WOULD SAY THAT THESE ARE EXCITING TIMES. THERE CAN BE NO DOUBT THAT THE THOMSONS/THOMPSONS OF SCOTTISH ROOTS -APART FROM A VERY SMALL HANDFUL-HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MACTAVISH, PERHAPS 95% . THIS NEW ENDEAVOUR BY THE THOMS WILL SNOWBALL AND ESTABLISH ITSELF IN ITS RIGHTFUL PLACE. THE THOMS HAVE ARCHIVISTS AND RECORDS AT THEIR DISPOSAL. WHAT DO THE DARKSIDE HAVE? A FEW DODGY QUOTES (THAT CONTRADICT EACH OTHER!)FROM UNRELIABLE BOOKS..OH, AND A 'SEANACHIE' THAT FABRICATES AND FUDGES AND HAS NO CONNECTION TO SCOTLAND.
AT THIS EXACT POINT IN TIME IM CONSIDERING 2 THINGS- a) TO CUT TIES WITH THE TOMS COMPLETLY, OR -b) NOT BEING INVOLVED IN THIS FORUM. THIS WOULD NOT BE A DECISION WEIGHTED BY YOUR STATEMENTS(DONT FLATTER YOURSELVES!) BUT OUT OF RESPECT FOR THOSE INVOLVED IN IT.

STEVIE MACTAVISH. HIGHLANDER, DESCENDANT OF TAVISH MACTAVISH HERO OF CULLODEN, TRUE SEANACHIE AND PATRIOT WHOSE LAST BREATH WILL SAY MACTAVISH.

Booner

Re: A STATEMENT FROM STEVIE MACTAVISH OF GARTHBEG
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 10:03:11 PM »
My Dear Stevie,

Spoken like a true poet warrior!!!

You have made your possion very clear.

I beleive this forum would be poorer if you were to cease to take part in it.

If we "TOMS" cannot stand up to the harrasment of others, and stand together as a family, then perhaps we should stop our efforts now.

I beleive we're on the brink of something that will be very meaningful to all of us. And  the truth is that we wouldn't be as far along as we are now without your contribution Stevie. So stop talking nonsense. You're just as much a part of this family as any of us, and perhaps, in some ways more.

So, as a personal favor to me, you're brother you never knew you had, retract both of your two considerations.

Or i'll have to come over there and give your kilt a tug.

Always wishing you and yours the best,

Booner

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 10:17:39 PM »
Oh MACTAVISH.....there you go again!

NO - You CANNOT go. You are not a 'token' MacTavish (or anything else) here any more than Cathy would be. You are a wealth of information, fun, excitement, "Oh my God - did he just SAY that???", etc.  Our forum and our efforts would be all the poorer for your loss.... I understand your fury, disgust, and hurt...I really do.

I am the one who has asked MACTAVISH to temper his statements just to eliminate any further 'fuel' that Steven MacTavish could use to portray himself as a victim. But if that means MACTAVISH feels he is not free to post here, then I would rather put up with renewed attacks by CMUS and their leaders. If we are the most important things they have to focus on, they have far bigger problems that we do!

So, just press the pleats in your kilt, sit down, and get with the program, MACTAVISH.  We'll face what comes, good or bad, together and go forward as comrades and cousins. If you didn't stir the pot with your (sometimes) outrageous screams from the hills....we would have far less to cuss/discuss and the forum would certainly be more boring! We'll make it - together.

Mary

MACTAVISH

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 10:59:58 PM »
thankyou booner,mary and paula.simply said by me  but with feeling.

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:04:02 AM »
MACTAVISH... Did I miss something? What brought this nonsense about? I am somewhat familiar with the issues relating to Dunardry vs Garthbeg and read all your posts here on this forum but I haven't seen anything that would even suggest that you discontinue your association with us. I can only assume there has been some private communication behind all this. As a TOM I can pretty much ignore the "Dark Side' but I can understand that as a MACTAVISH you don't have that luxury but try to keep cool. You're amoung family and friends here and we won't give up on you if you don't give up on us. Stick around it's going to get interesting!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Barbara

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »
MacTavish, don't you dare leave us!!!!  We need and love you as family, period!  You have helped us so much and been such a part of our family we couldn't stand to let you go.  As Mary said you are fun, exciting and a wealth of information, you are family!  I support yours and Cathy's fight to bring the truth to light as much as you support us, so we go forward together, shoulder to shoulder.  Don't you even think of leaving us! 

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

MACTAVISH

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 12:11:18 PM »
THANKYOU STIRLING AND BARBARA. YES THERE HAS BEEN A BACKGROUND SUBTEXT BUT ITS SORTED NOW.  STEVIE

DThomps

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 06:28:44 PM »
Stevie MacTavish of Garthbeg: I have just read your post entitled "A Statement from Stevie MacFavish of Garthbeg". I have not been a steady poster in the past, but your statement has change that. I have told Tom that I do not know that my name may have been MacTavish sometime in the early dawn of our Scotland but for the last five hundred years my people have been known as Thom(p)son. I can accept that and attempt to ascertain the truth. I cannot and will not be taken down the path of possible mis information as put forth by my cousin, Patrick Lee Thompson. In my very early contacts with Patrick, I was very naive and accepted his offerings without question. Your posts, and those of Cathy MacTavish along with numerous other posts I have read in the past few month's have given me an entirely new perspective of just what this battle is about. Both Tom and Mary have been very helpful in getting a grip on this whole matter. Again, it matters not which name is mine, either Thom(p)son or MacTavish,  by God, I am a Scot and I will be one or the other, but honestly and not the result of some goofy fudge. Stay with us MacTavish, we that are new to the fight need a good, strong push to get things done. Donald J. Thompson

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 09:38:03 PM »
Great post, Donald. 

I think it expresses the reason so many of us are searching out our TRUE heritage (Thompson or MacTavish) after having it muddied up with unsupported/undocumented claims over the past 15 years.  The more we research and share, the better we get. We are all in this boat together, seeking our true Scottish roots and, whether we ever find our individual family lines, we have found each other and I would settle for that.   :)

Mary

Barbara

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 10:55:01 PM »
Hello Donald, great to see you posting.  As Mary said we are all in this boat together and it's great to have the Clanship/friendship we all have experienced with each other.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

MACTAVISH

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 10:55:47 PM »
amen to that nice smile

MACTAVISH

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 09:51:48 AM »
IS MATH TACHAIRT RUIBH (PLEASED TO MEET YOU) DONALD-PRONOUNCED; ISS MA TACK IRJ REEV

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 12:20:07 PM »
uhhhhh.....which word is which???? 

I'm hopeless at this Gaelic stuff.......you'll just have to take me for my smile, MACTAVISH!   ;D

Mary

Graham Thompson

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 04:28:01 PM »
I wish I knew Gaelic also, its such a cool language and so is McTavish. ;D Woot Woot
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha