General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

New to the forum

<< < (2/2)

jsawyereditor:
I am truly sorry I could not make the Orlando games. It's the first one we have missed in the last 7 years. I wanted to shoot some video. My wife was ill and I refused to take her out in the cold. We hope to hit the Dunedin Highland Games.

I intended no offence when I mention the lack of officers and group information on the Web site. It’s just that I’m a web designer and contact info, media contact, etc. seem to be a basic part of the contact page. It is of course your choice, but people feel more comfortable if they have a name to e-mail, even a membership coordinator, PR or media coordinator would be great.

Thanks Stu for the invite.  Alpha male! Heck I’m too old to even want that job. I tend to run off at the keyboard because I’ve been a writer and news reporter for a living, it’s an occupational hazard.

I think I’ve ranted enough for a spell. I’ll just listen in and drop in my two cents if I have an opinion.

Jimmie:
Hello Barbara;

Thanks for the welcome. I am going to join.  What is an alpha type? Jimmie

Barbara:
Hi Jimmie, any male Thompson in this group is an alpha male to my way of thinking.  ;D  A braw man who takes charge and is not afraid to stand up for what he believes in.
(Braw: Scots word for attractive, handsome, grand, fine, super) Which all the Thompson and Cash men I know are.  :D

Barbara

Thomas Thompson:
Hello Jim
   I hope your wife is on the road to recovery.  I wanted you to meet some of our members(as it were face to face) at the Central Fl games. I was sure that they would be able to answer any of your questions.
   We never even considered your questions as an offense.  We are working  to improve the web site and had not  considered putting Society information there.  The biggest revision is the History section.     I am trying to compile a history of Clan Thomson and the Thompson family to replace the history on the web page and that has taken far longer than I planned.
   We will consider any and all suggestions to improve the site, so please continue.
Tom

Barbara:
Hello Jim S., I've been looking over your web site and think it's great.  Wow! you have a lot of information on it that is sure to help people looking for Scottish information.  Haven't read it all yet, but will get around to it.  Love the pictures!

Barbara

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version