General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

Greetings from behind the "Zion Curtain".

(1/4) > >>

Roger Thompson:
 ;D Greetings, I am a new member. My name is Roger Thompson and I currently live in Layton Utah. We are about 30 miles north of Salt Lake City. I am originally from Malibu Lake California. I am married, with two children and two grandchildren. Our Grandchildren are Thompson on our side and Maxwell's on their mom's side, so they have a rich Scottish heritage! I work as an "at risk youth counselor" at a large residential facility, running a dorm with 68 young men who reside in my dorm. I look forward to getting to know others in the Clan and becoming more involved.

Roger.

Stirling Thompson:
Welcome aboard Roger! I look forward to lots of fun... it can be a madhouse around here at times. Maybe we need a residential counselor?

Mary:

--- Quote ---Maybe we need a residential counselor?
--- End quote ---
  Well, STU, at least SOME of us need one! or two? I will admit (as will Roger when he gets used to us) we have some 'original' characters in this bunch!  And we have periods where there's little posting.....but we're always lurking around just waiting for someone 'else' to post something we can pounce on!  :)

Welcome to the family nut house, Roger! Look around - there's lot of information posted here (as well as some very ummmm.....very ummmmm....well I guess
B.S. would cover it!  Ask questions! Sometimes, that will get a bunch of messages with opinions and facts. And there are NO stupid questions --- we've already gotten them out of the way :o

Relax and enjoy!  You're with family here.

Mary

Beverly Kohn(Thompson):
     Welcome, Roger!! I hope you enjoy the feelings of family and heritage that we all feel here. We enjoy researching our families and histories together and am so glad to have you join us! I agree with Mary, counseling can always be useful around here!
      Yours in family and spirit!  Bev

Roger Thompson:
 ;D Thank you for the warm welcomes. I hope I will fit in, I am a bit wild and rough around the edges. I still enjoy partying and skateboarding with my grandchildren etc. Working with teenagers all the time, I am somewhat of a crazy animal myself. I will do my best to behave as to not offend anyone...

Roger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version