General Category > NEW MEMBERS! Introduce yourselves here!

New to this site

(1/5) > >>

Scott Thomson:
Hello,

My name is Scott Thomson I live in Aberdeen, Scotland.

My family has been firmly established in Aberdeenshire in the north-east of Scotland since at least the middle of the 18th century, unfortunately I can get no further back than 1746.

I came across your website and I have to say that I am impressed by what you are trying to achieve, it's about time Thomson's stood up to be counted, I am sick to the back teeth of Clan MacTavish trying to misappropriate our name to boost their numbers.

I note on your site that you concentrate on the Thomson's in the borders of Scotland, which is understandable as I am familiar with Thomson of that Ilk, and the border history of the Thomsons.

I have always had a great interest in the history of my country and family, so to honour both my interests and my late father I chose to become an armiger in 1992. I was informed by the Lord Lyon at the time that a stag's head was the appropriate emblem for a Thomson, and I was granted what I consider a beautiful coat-of-arms, that not only honours my Thomson heritage, but also my mother's O'Brien heritage.

I chose for the crest an arm sleeved in the hunting Thomson tartan holding a cross-crosslet-fitchee, which is a common symbol found on arms of Thomsons and Aberdeenshire families.

I look forward to getting to know you on this forum.

Stirling Thompson:
Scott,
Welcome! It's great to have a member actually on the ground in Scotland but I should caution you we'll probably ask you to do a lot leg work for us. Ive done a lot of research on the internet and I've seen Thomsons found all over Scotland. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that if you shake any family tree in Scotland, Ireland or England one or more Thomsons, Thompsons, Tomsons etc. etc. etc... is bound to fall out. Your arms look quite handsome I must say, how about posting a larger version so we can get good look and be really jealous! Again, welcome to the Clan Thompson Society I hope you will look upon us as family and I look forward to lots more posts from across the pond!

Michael Thompson:
I agree with Stu, Scott. Would love to see a bigger version so we could admire your arms.

Donna:
Hey Scott Thomson,

Welcome to the Forum and I'm sooooo happy to have you join our family  ;D

Donna

Beverly Kohn(Thompson):
     Hello and Welcome,Scott!!  Aberdeen is a beautiful place and it is on my list of places to see if I'm ever able to come over. I like to ghost hunt and Dunnottar castle is one of my places of interest, in the Whigs Vault Dungeon, I think that would be great! Anyway, welcome to you and your family and so greatful you decided to join us in our search for the truth.
        yours in family and spirit, Bev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version