Author Topic: Australian Thom(p)sons history hits wall - help needed  (Read 8829 times)

andy murphy

Australian Thom(p)sons history hits wall - help needed
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:57:29 AM »
Hey guys only just discovered ur site and it's amazing - i hope that i can help add some more thomsons to the clan- unfortunatly i'm not one of them, the thom(p)sons run on my mothers side. I've attached a list of all my families thom(p)sons and i'm hoping that someone out there can help he go back even further I'm stuck at a James Thomson his birth and death are not sourced but that of his wifes death and his children are so i've hit my brick wall with James. If u need more info or i haven't supplied enough please contact me.
cheers
Andy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mary

• Administrator
Re: Australian Thom(p)sons history hits wall - help needed
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 08:45:13 AM »
Hi Andy ----

You're WRONG! Though your Thom(p)son line is through your mum, you are most definitely ONE OF US!

It's funny --- so many of our brick walls are JAMES!

Question - will you permit our genealogist to include your family info in our Thompson database at rootsweb?  We have our own and it's always a work in progress both due to trying to get people to submit their info and for Cathy to find the time to do the updates....but we think it's important and want to encourage Thoms who are searching for family to participate.  Just let us know if it's OK.

Anyone else out there who recognizes any family members......contact Andy!!!

M

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 09:35:19 AM »
Attached is some info I managed to snag online.... don't know if there is anything new here or not.

M

andy murphy

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 09:51:58 AM »
Thanks Mary
that is my James Thomson, I have located his headstone and have found where the boundries of his property was. My trail goes cold once i leave Aust.

andy murphy

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »
Attached is my GEDCOM file.
I hope this is able to help others and by all means publish it in the greater Thomson Clan tree would be awesome to see if it all fits together and maybe break my wall :)

Cathy McTavish

• Core
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 03:42:55 AM »
Hello, my name is Cathy McTavish, and I will be happy to look into your family tree.  I have downloaded the file, printed it out and will add it to our database.  I will let you know what I can determine!
Cathy

rustycan

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 07:02:22 PM »
Hi Andy

Queenslander Tomo here but I have looked at a whole bunch of us in search of my line.  Have you looked at your original Oz Tomo's shipping/immigration records ?  Also I have run into a lot of the Bailey Clan arround the Hunter River Region of New South Wales. Where did you originals settle (be mindfull my NSW geography sux). There are a lot of Shipping/Immigration/Convict records available online from the National Archive Site. Military records as well. There is a lot of personal correspondence on those Army files especially for casualties.

Regards

rus t