Author Topic: Columbus, IN and Eminence, KY Games Report  (Read 7165 times)

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
Columbus, IN and Eminence, KY Games Report
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:16:06 AM »
Post for Fred Cash:

The next games we went to was the Central Kentucky Games in Eminence, Ky. Here are some pics http://clanthompson.org/eminence.html This was their first time hosting games so everything was pretty chaotic. Allen, Heidi & Hannah met us there Friday night (the park has their own campground on site and full hookups, for $10, not bad!!!). Saturday was just nasty ( cold and rainy), but Mac Fritz showed up  with some hot apple cider and saved the day! Sunday was much better and won the clan tent award ( but to be honest we didn't have much competition). They invited us back next year ( free of charge) - we all said that we would be there! If you have ever been to a" Renaissance Period Park", you have an idea what this venue is like. It's just great and I truly hope it succeeds. The best thing that happened all weekend was Hannah signing up new members Bonnie & Richard Strother (Bonnie's a Thom(p)son). So we need to remember no matter now small the games seem to be, WE NEED TO GO AND BE SEEN - people are out there looking for us!!!!!!

Last weekend, Barbara & I went to Stone Mountain, GA games ( Babs' Clan, The Donnachaidh's, have a tent there). The only thing of interest that happened there was at the MacTavish tent. There was a young man manning the tent and he reminded me of my grandson, so I told him so and showed him my name badge, I looked him in the eyes, shrugged and walked away.

Next, Babs & I and Duke Thompson & his son are going to convene a tent again at the Mid-Florida Games (in mid January). We would like to see more clan members show up, it's a great place to have games (Orlando).

Bye for now and let us all say a prayer for Cathy. Cathy, you mean a lot to all of us, we just want you to know that your loss is our loss.

Fred & Barbara