Author Topic: Loch Norman Highland Games - April 16-18 2010  (Read 20805 times)

Mary

• Administrator
Re: Loch Norman Highland Games - April 16-18 2010
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 09:41:03 AM »
Here are some pictures...no captions (can't figure that part out yet!) but pics anyway!

http://img215.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=img0191ek.jpg 

Mary

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 03:33:12 PM »
Great pics Mary! Who are band wearing our tartan? Awfully nice of them to come over and serenade the tent!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 11:50:21 AM »
Stu in answer to your question. It is not our Thompson Dress Blue tartan. I think it is the special tartan of the 'St. Andrews Presbyterian College Pipe Band. Yes, they came to our tent on purpose. I think we were honored because the niece of one of our members was one of the pipers. Thanks Jim.
    If you were unable to go you missed a great weekend. One of the Thompson cousins told me he had no idea there were so many clans.
It seems that I spent nearly all of my time talking and meeting cousins. I was surprised  by their questions. Nearly everybody who stopped by the tent wanted to know about Clan Thom(p)son and our Scottish heritage. I was able to spend a couple of minutes meeting new members; Steve (George) Thompson and Sherry Anderson. I wished I had more time to spend with them. Mary talked to the Moffit Representative and he wants our help in staging 'Mock' Border Reiver games at Glasgow KY.
  Saturday after the games we had a cookout and were able to spend some quality time talking and telling tall tales. It seems that the Thompson cousins like to eat, talk and eat again.
   I had a Clan Thompson Society sign-in roster at the tent, so I would be able to report on who stopped by, but I don't think I got everyone. The members I did get to sign-in are:
   G. Steve Thompson                                                  Sandy, Adam, Joey & Jon Thompson
  Mary Lee McElwain                                                  Lynn & Jayne McMahon
  Sherry Anderson                                                       Jenny & Emily Blanchard
  Art & Ruth (Thompson) Heller                                  Fred & Babs Cash
  Jim & Sharron Hall                                                    Harold & Patsy Bennett
  Tom & Mary Thompson
It was a great weekend.
Tom

Barbara

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 08:35:52 PM »
Great pictures!  I know everyone had a great time as we always do when we get together.  Just wish John and I could have been there and if it had been possible we would have.  We will see you all at Glasgow.  Can't wait!

Barb
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Cathy McTavish

• Core
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 02:32:59 PM »
I am looking forward to Glasgow also!   See you there!
Cathy

Mary

• Administrator
Re: Loch Norman Highland Games
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 07:50:56 PM »
Well, Barbara and Cathy and any others lurking out there.............THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!!!!  They will be the 3rd weekend of April in 2011!

See you there?!?

Cathy McTavish

• Core
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 06:31:28 AM »
I think next year will work out just fine!
cathy