Author Topic: Colorado Tartan Day  (Read 15185 times)

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
Colorado Tartan Day
« on: March 05, 2010, 11:06:28 PM »
Clan Thompson will be represented at Colorado Tartan Day, April 10 in Olde Town Arvada, Colorado. Come by and meet some fellow Thompsons.

Tartan Day is a long-standing tradition for celebrating our Scottish heritage. It has been celebrated in Colorado for ten years now, I think and outgrew its former location, so now they have it in a park in Arvada, which is where I live, so it's nice and convenient. Our band has played at this event for several years now, this will be the first time the Clan has been a sponsor. It's always a fun time. Hope all the Colorado Thompsons can come.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Mary

• Administrator
Re: Colorado Tartan Day
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »
Wonderful!  I wish we could be there...............couldn't you figure out a way to move Colorado a wee bit closer to Tennessee so we could go too???   :'(

Send pictures!!!

We're trying to get things organized after a long, sleepy winter to go to the Loch Norman games next month!

Mary

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 04:22:06 PM »
That closer things would be nice Mary, cuz it could work both ways, but meanwhile, we're still trying to jazz up Clan Thompson here in Colorado.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Donna

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 11:19:07 PM »
Hey Michael,
Well now...I was about to ask if you would move Colorado a wee bit closer to
CALIFORNIA so I could join the fun.

Donna   ;)
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »
Hey Michael,
Well now...I was about to ask if you would move Colorado a wee bit closer to
CALIFORNIA so I could join the fun.

Donna   ;)

Maybe AFTER it's moved closer to us!  We got first dibs!

How are things in CA, Donna?

Donna

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »
Well now, Mary, guess who's son gained so much weight over the Holidays that he has to lay down across the bed to strap on his kilt!!!!  ::)

Not much going on in my area yet.  National Tartin Day celebration will be April 10Th.

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 07:27:34 PM »
We had a wonderful time at Colorado Tartan Day! Our band, Mulligan Stew, was part of the entertainment, so we did double duty, partly at the clan tent, and partly on stage. My son Timothy held down the clan tent while the rest of us were playing. Some of you may remember him from Estes Park.

I think this is the fourth or fifth Tartan Day festival in Colorado. They started out at a country club but needed more room so last year they moved it to a park in my town. Nice to have it so close by. Problem last year was a foot of snow fell on the park the day before. Kind of put a damper on the festival. This year they were ready with an inside venue just in case, but the weather was pretty good, 60 degrees and partly sunny.

Here's a photo of our band playing at the festival. The bagpiper is my son Sean, the drummer is my son Joshua.

Wish you all could have been there!

Michael
The Reivers Ride Again!

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 08:58:16 AM »
A fine looking clan you've got there Michael! Glad the weather was cooperative for you as well. Can you post some of your music for us?
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 10:05:46 AM »
Good on you mate.
  The pictures reminded me of the Estes Park games when you played in front of the Clan tent. I have add that you don't appear to have aged at all.
Thanks
Tom

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 08:21:42 PM »
Good on you mate.
  The pictures reminded me of the Estes Park games when you played in front of the Clan tent. I have add that you don't appear to have aged at all.
Thanks
Tom

Thanks for the kind words Tom. We did have the nice Colorado bluebird skies, and it's nice to know I haven't aged too much in a year and a half. :-)

Cheers!
The Reivers Ride Again!

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 08:38:51 PM »
A fine looking clan you've got there Michael! Glad the weather was cooperative for you as well. Can you post some of your music for us?

Thanks Stu, that was only some of my clan. One son was in the clan tent, another was at work and my daughter was teaching Irish stepdancing. I'm very proud of my contributions to the ranks of Clan Thompson!

I'm not entirely sure how to post music, but here's a try. This is me singing an Australian song called A Pub With No Beer from our last CD. http://www.thompsonmanor.com/audio/03%20Pub%20With%20No%20Beer.mp3
The Reivers Ride Again!

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 08:49:34 AM »
Michael, The song downloaded and played fine. And sure tis a grand voice you've got me boyo!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »
That was neat!!!  I liked the song!

You all look so good on stage - thanks for representing us all at Tartan Day!  You always do us proud....