Author Topic: Council Summer Gathering - Aboyne Highland Games - 6 August 2011  (Read 8905 times)

John ThomsonHollingsworth

Council Summer Gathering - Aboyne Highland Games - 6 August 2011
« on: February 15, 2011, 05:47:43 AM »
I received this notification and am passing it on in case someone would like to plan to be there
John

Michael GrewarFebruary 14, 2011 at 5:47pm
Subject: Council Summer Gathering - Aboyne Highland Games - 6 August 2011
Dear Council Group Members,
The Aboyne Highland Games is to host Council's Summer Gathering on 6 August 2011

The Committee of the Aboyne Games, Aberdeenshire, Scotland has kindly invited the Council to host our first Comhairle Mor or Great Council. This gathering, which is to be held on 6 August 2011, will allow Clansfolk of our member clans and our supporters to attend and become a part of the Council. Council Facebook group members are invited to come along and join with Council members during the games. All the usual traditional events will also be held at the games.

More information on the summer gathering will be posted on our Social network site http://www.facebook.com/l/6cf93Ofs-V1ai1v2WBE99wPdn_g;clancouncil.ning.com as it becomes known. We will also set up an event on this facebook group.

Those attending the gathering are advised to book accommodation in the Aboyne area early as the games weekend is expected to be extremely busy. More information on the Aboyne Games can be found here http://www.facebook.com/l/6cf93rSIaXlo5PFFco4jyDmkcuw;
www.aboynegames.com.

Yours Aye
Michael Grewar
Convenor - Council of Scottish Armigerous Clans and Families
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:49:38 AM by John ThomsonHollingsworth »

Mary

• Administrator
Re: Council Summer Gathering - Aboyne Highland Games - 6 August 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:22:03 AM »
Thanks for posting this, John.  I had received it also and never even thought about putting it on the forum!  "my bad"

Don't ya just wish we could get a group together to go? I think if we ever get our Lyon Court recognition that we should have an AGM in Scotland in conjunction with a games or something else we could participate in. That's my dream scenario........

John ThomsonHollingsworth

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 07:40:38 AM »
Mary that is a grand idea, I hope that Lord Lyon agrees with us, then we can start planning the trip.

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 05:24:52 PM »
I would go to an AGM in Scotland if Lyon Court recognized the Thom(p)sons!
DENY US NOT

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 01:44:31 PM »
I think all of us who could scrape the money together would!

Cross your fingers!