Author Topic: 2009 Central Florida Highland Games Jan 17-18  (Read 59975 times)

Duke Thompson

• Core
Re: 2009 Central Florida Highland Games Jan 17-18
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 07:25:05 PM »
Thanks Mary, I will start trying to coordinate some sort of schedule as the time approaches and people know plans for coming into town.  I am sure we will all have a great time.  I will have a Thompson Hunting Flag and a Thompson Grey flag, do not have a Thompson Blue Flag at this point but might by then (would want blue for the parade of tartans).  I am hoping to be able to go on Friday to help set up for the games in general and then back early Saturday for our Clan tent decor.
James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke
Sip your beer and chew your scotch!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »
I'm doing .pdf files of stuff you can print. I know they load slower and all, but they are pretty much guaranteed to get to you looking the way they left here!

As you think of what YOU would want at a clan tent, let us know (all of us reading this) and we'll see what we can provide!

Mary

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 01:22:33 PM »
Hi Everyone,

If you are planning to attend the 2009 Central Florida Highland Games please do a new post here to let me know as you make plans and we can coordinate a good time and a successful tent for the clan!

Thanks,

Duke

Barbara

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 04:17:59 PM »
Hi Duke,  John and I are not sure yet that we will get to make it.  My mother in W.V. is not doing well and we may have to make a trip there.  :(

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 01:27:12 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Clan Thompson is now listed on the 2009 Central Florida Highland Games site:
http://www.flascot.com/clans.htm

Keep making your plans to attend...and posting them here...

Thanks,

Duke

John ThomsonHollingsworth

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »
Mary and I are trying to get there for the games its about 3 hours from us.

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 08:42:46 PM »
Hello John,

Are you planning for a hotel or RVing?  If you are looking for a hotel, that information is available at the games site referenced a couple of posts prior.  Hope you can make it, I would like to have the help and numbers at the clan tent and it is a well attended and well put together games!  If you come up on Friday the trip may be a little easier as well.

Thanks,

Duke

Booner

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 08:38:02 PM »
Barbara!!!!!!!!!!

Albannock will be at the Florida Games!!!!!!!!!!!  You may want to think about going! It won't be just the weather that will warm your bones!

The also have another band called "The Wyndbreakers"  I could be in that band, I've been practising solo for years.

Have a great time Duke

Regards,
Booner

Barbara

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 09:24:07 PM »
I'm going to miss ALBANNACH???!!! :o  :'(  :'(  Doesn't look like we can make it.  :(  Dang!  I was really looking forward to some warm weather.  Suppose to have sleet and ice Tuesday morning here.  ::)

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »
Don't give up, Barbara!  Use the trip as a celebration of John's retirement!  The weather might not be rainy/icy on the way in January!!!  (We're getting it here, too. I wanted SNOW, not ice and rain).

You could always load up your little doggie, pack some meals and drive down and stay at a motel too. Rudy is a bit too large for us to sneak in......:(

I think it sounds like great fun!

Mary

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 08:49:15 PM »
Barbara & John, John & FL Mary, TN Mary and Tom - gas prices are down so all come if you can!  TN Mary, I have a  backyard and room for your dog...

Barbara, maybe Booner can bring you down on his motorcycle!  Booner, I could get you an interview with the Wyndbreakers and if they do not need any new band members, we could do a duet or a trio, my son is 7 and would be a good alto for a trio. 

Games details are at http://www.flascot.com/ and please pay attention to the links at the very very top of the page.  I hesitate to post anything here in case something changes, so take a look directly at the games site.  Let me know what questions you have... I have been talking their collective ears off over the past couple of months...

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 08:41:31 PM »
Duke:

I would be happy to help out.
We live in Sarasota - please let me know details.
We'll be there.

John and Sarah

Thanks John and Sarah, links to the event site for details are below.  There is a host hotel with some evening activities, but not sure exactly what they are yet.  Once we get a little closer, have a few more posts and travel info we can work out a tent schedule for anyone that wants to participate at the Clan Thompson tent...

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2008, 09:52:45 PM »
Albannock will be at the Florida Games!!!!!!!!!!!

Those guys are outstanding! We saw them in Estes Park; they just have boatloads of energy. Really great music, especially for a rock and roll head like me.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Barbara

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 10:04:35 PM »
Michael, doesn't the tribal beat of "Albannach" get into your blood?  Anyone with a drop of Scottish blood can't help loving that band.  I've known them from their first appearance in the U.S. at Glasgow, KY Highland Games in 2001 or '02.  They were Clann an Drumma then, but the two older guys (that started the band) left and the younger ones renamed themselves Albannach and have really made a name for themselves.  They look rough but they are very nice, sweet people.  Their music touches something deep in my soul, and Jamesie.......be still my heart!  ;D

Barbara

John ThomsonHollingsworth

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »
I just ordered our tickets for the games.
We plan to visit with friends in Oviedo and bring them to the games.
They went with us last year to Sarasota games in Venice FL

John and Mary