Author Topic: 2009 Central Florida Highland Games Jan 17-18  (Read 68259 times)

John ThomsonHollingsworth

Re: 2009 Central Florida Highland Games Jan 17-18
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 07:24:22 PM »
Duke
Mary and I made it to Oviedo
we are having an excellent visit here with friends and will be at Games in the morning.
John

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2009, 10:44:27 PM »
First pictures in from the Florida games.........thanks Duke! LOOKS GOOD and yes, Michael, the REIVERS RIDE AGAIN!

http://www.clanthompson.org/CTF/FL%201.jpg

http://www.clanthompson.org/CTF/FL%202.jpg

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »
And one with some of the motley crew!   Duke, Taylor, Babs, Fred and Ed

http://www.clanthompson.org/CTF/Motley.jpg

Lookin' good guys (and ladies, of course - Babs always looks like she just stepped out of a band box perfect!)!

John ThomsonHollingsworth

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009, 03:15:07 PM »
Mary and I made to Saturday games, I took many pictures - we were not able to return on Sunday due to our host's minor illness

here are a couple of pictures including the grand parade of Clans which announced the Clan Thompson Society as a participant on the event.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »
Looks like everyone had loads of fun! Wish I could have been there! Unfortunately, I've been out shovelling a foot of snow that Mother Nature dumped on us over the last 24 hours. Oh well I guess we can't all have warm breezes and sunshine... (big sigh!).
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »
Hello Everyone!

What a GREAT event!  More pictures to come, Mary I will have them to you soon and thanks for posting the few early pictures I emailed from my phone!  The lows were a few degrees higher than expected and the days were perfect!  Since deciding I wanted to host a Clan Thompson tent at this event I had the recurring thought of being the only person there for two days holding down the fort and getting no visitors.  I am thankful that it was just the opposite and I have to thank Fred and Barb not only for the banners, flags and other tent items, but also for the tremendous amount of time they dedicated to manning the Clan Thompson tent Saturday and Sunday.  Thanks also to Ed and glad he could make it all the way to the games!  Thanks also to John and Sarah for the time at the tent on Sunday!  And to John Thomson Hollingsworth, Mary, and their friend and host Carol for coming as well.

We had close to 40 Thom(p)sons come by the tent and sign up with their contact information to receive more information about Clan Thompson.  Many were surprised and glad to finally see a Clan Thompson!  I will try to follow up with all of them throughout this week.  I was surprised at the many more from other clans who had family members that were Thom(p)sons and the overwhelming support they offered this Society as we again make a name for ourselves.

I will try to get a longer recap of events and more pictures up soon but wanted to let everyone know how well things had gone and give proper kudos to those that made it happen and pulled it off so well!!!  I am happy to host a tent at the same event next year in 2010!!!

Duke
James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke
Sip your beer and chew your scotch!

Barbara

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »
Oh, how I wish we could have been there!!  Sounds like you had a great turnout.  :D  Thanks for the pictures Duke and John.  How did you do in the archery contest Duke? 

Thanks so much for the reports guys, for those of us who couldn't make it.

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

John Thomson

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2009, 06:23:12 PM »
Hi Duke and Fred:

Sarah and I enjoyed our time with you on Sunday.

You did us proud and the long list of interested folks can only lead to better things - increased membership for sure.

The post-Games gathering provided another opportunity to widen our circle of friends and deepen our knowledge of malts sublime!

Until we meet again - in kinship!

John and Sarah
John

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2009, 09:27:47 PM »
Saw some pictures Fred and Babs had --- what a good looking bunch!  Ya did us proud! And the tent looked great too (we always like a good-looking operation)......

John (Thomson) -  are you any easier to understand face-to-face than you are on the phone???   ;D

Did you all realize that John (Thomson - darn we have a lot of John Thom(p)sons!) is the clan bard???  I know he's posted some works, so if you've missed them, look 'em up.

Fred

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2009, 10:06:25 AM »
Dear Kinsmen,

I think the Mid-Florida Games were a huge success. The tent was in an area that everyone could see with no problem ( at least they didn’t stick us out of the way, like a stepchild)!!!
       Nearly everyone was shocked to see a Thompson tent and  most (about 75%) wanted to sign our guest list and/or take a membership form, Duke has a precise number. We were very busy answering questions all weekend. We didn’t have much time to do anything else.
        John and Mary Hollingsworth (Thompson) and Ed Dietz came on Saturday. They were grateful to see a Thompson tent  at this event and  it is always a honor to met good people and kinsmen!
        John and Sarah Thomson came on Sunday. Sara said John was not feeling well, but he toughed it out and was a big help. Everyone loved his Scottish accent, it gave are tent more of a genuine feel. I thank him for coming and hope to see them both at future games.
         John and Walter MacFarlane are both Thompson’s on their mother’s side and are looking forward to joining. Barbara and I met the MacFarlane’s last year and we can say that we are glad we could finally give them what they wanted, a home named Clan Thompson Society  that asked nothing more than to welcome them with open arms!
          We thank Duke Thompson and his son Taylor for hosting the tent and we look forward to seeing them both again next year.

You may not have been there but were in our thoughts and hearts,
In Kinship,

Fred and Barbara Cash

P.S. pictures to follow.

Fred

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »
  Pic.1- From left to right Fred, Babs and Duke at the mid-Florida games more to come. Pic.2- Duke and Taylor (son) Pic.3- Bruce Thompsom an interested kinsman.
  More tomorrow, Babarba Moore do we have a treat for you, guess who the intertainment was? Bet you can!! And we have pictures.. Fred and Babs

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 02:03:24 PM by Fred »

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 09:13:52 PM »
As our dear Aussie would say "Good on ya Fred!"  You got the pics posted and taunted Barbara .....a good day's work!   ;)

Couldn't have been Albannach, could it??????  ;D

Fred

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »
Pic.1-John and Sarah Thomson, Pic.2 Ed Dietz far right, thanks Ed you were a lot of help.

[/U[URL=http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1170085xe9.jpg]RL]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 04:07:37 PM by Fred »

Fred

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2009, 04:29:53 PM »
You guys need to forgive me I'm new at this!
Pic.1-The MacFarlane's (Thompson's) Pic.2-We had a great tent site.Pic.3- Duke going to archery contest.Pic.4-It was a big games.

Fred

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2009, 05:24:31 PM »
I will get the the hang of this!! Albanach Pic.1-Babs with Jackie Pic2-Jamise Pic.3-Aya Pic.4-tatoo's