Author Topic: 7th Annual Blactstone Valley Celtic Festival  (Read 11743 times)

Stirling Thompson

7th Annual Blactstone Valley Celtic Festival
« on: July 27, 2009, 06:20:30 PM »
The 7th annual Blackstone Valley Celtic Festival was held this past Saturday at Indian Ranch on shores of beautiful Lake Chargogagogmanchaugagogchabunagungamaug aka Webster Lake. It is a very small festival and tends more to the Irish than Scots but they did have a Men in Kilts contest which yours truly entered and won for Most Authentic! Thank you, thank you very much! Admittedly, there was limited competition with only seven entrants and I got beat out by some old geezer in the best legs category but hey a win is a win and I'll take what I can get. For a small festival they drew a decent crowd and everyone had a great time with Celtic entertainers and dancers and the Worcester Kiltie Pipe Band. Dottie and I were joined by her sister Bea and our niece Beth and they all had a good time. Dottie managed to take a few pictures of the contest and maybe I'll be able to get them up on Facebook or something. Our local cable company filmed the whole thing so it may be a good thing I'll be out of sight for a while after the surgery so I'll have a good excuse for not being seen in public! 
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Donna

Re: 7th Annual Blactstone Valley Celtic Festival
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:42:26 PM »
And I was actually trying to figure out how to say the name of that lake    ???

Well, it sounds like a good time was had by one and all...We'll be happy to wait
a bit till you're back with us and able to post your photos. 

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 02:18:16 PM »
And I was actually trying to figure out how to say the name of that lake    ???

Webster, apparently.  :P
The Reivers Ride Again!

Duke Thompson

• Core
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »
Congratulations on the win Stu!!!!  I'm sure the best legs judging must have been rigged...
James Edward Thompson, Jr. aka Duke
Sip your beer and chew your scotch!

Pamela K. Thompson

• Core
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 04:53:17 PM »
Stu... when you post your pictures then I think we, here at Clan Thompson, should have our own vote for "best legs"!  :D

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »
That's a good idea.......we need to get a bunch of our guys in kilts and have our own bonnie knees! We don't need winners....I just want to see those gams!

Let's get those pictures up!

Mary