Author Topic: Scotland, CT Games  (Read 10951 times)

Stirling Thompson

Scotland, CT Games
« on: March 22, 2010, 12:32:05 PM »
I'm so excited! Just got the invitation for Clan Thompson to participate in the Scotland, CT games in October! Hooray! Now I have to get going and get info on all the other area games I want to do this year. I think the first is the RI games in early June so I'd better get moving!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Donna

Re: Scotland, CT Games
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »
 :D    WOOHOO    ;D

I know The Clan will be well represented!  Hey Stu, is that a new photo of yourself
 showing with your message?   Nice legs!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 07:50:15 AM »
Donna, this picture was from last year around the 4th of July. My old profile pic disappeared on me for some reason so I put this one up in its place.
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 08:13:49 PM »
Great news, Stu! ( I mean about the games - not about your picture going missing!   ;)

Another "first game" for the Thom(p)sons! We are growing and getting more people willing to work tents at games - that's the best way to get the word out and let people see what a fun group we are! How could they not want to join us?????

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »
Looks like we'll be represented at the RI Scottish Festival on June 12, 2010!

I sent an email out the other day and got a nice response back from Jan Fuller, the Festival co-chair. She's putting me in touch with the Clan Village chairperson to get all the particulars so as of now we're looking good! Now I have to get going on the rest of the New England games, 4 in MA, 3 more in CT, 1 in ME and 1 in VT. I don't think I can do them all this year but I want try a few more at least 2 in MA and hopefully ME (although that is heavily MacT territory I think).
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 03:07:03 PM »
Go get 'em Stu!  I wish things had worked out for NH this year, but........one day.

Maybe next year we will be able to schedule a trip to New England and give you a hand at one games, at least! Tom's brother (and clan member) lives in ME and we should make another pilgrimage up there - it's been a few years. You can let us know which of the games you think are the most worthwhile and we'll try to do some scheduling!

Let us know if you need anything for your games....! Woo Hoo!  (And don't let clan MacTravesty get you down if you run into them)

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 08:21:27 AM »
Yesterday I sent out a bunch of email inquiries and am now waiting on responses.

I got a response from Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival in North Hampton, MA with an invitation and registration form. Festival in on Saturday July 17, 2010.

My emails to the Quechee, VT and Maine Highland games are being passed on to the appropriate people so those look good. Quechee festival is Saturday August 28, 2010 and Maine games are on Saturday August 21, 2010.

I'm still waiting to hear from the Cape Cod Highland Festival to be held on Saturday August 7, 2010.

Looks like many of the NE games are still in their planning stages since their websites are a little thin on info at the moment but I've been able to work around most of that and get my requests to the right people.
Stu

Barbara

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 08:05:06 PM »
You go Stu!  What a warrior!  :D

Barbara
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain