Author Topic: Highland games in the valley of the sun (Phoenix, Arizona)  (Read 9304 times)

Marc Thomson

Highland games in the valley of the sun (Phoenix, Arizona)
« on: August 30, 2010, 08:39:46 PM »
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone is planning on being in attendance at The 47th Annual Arizona Scottish
Highland Games and Celtic Gathering in Phoenix, Az. The games are on February 26-27th, 2011. More information here: http://www.arizonascots.com/05games.shtml. I would sure like to meet some of the "clan" and it would be great to see a booth set up. It will only be my 2nd highland games, but I'm taking the wife and kids to teach them a little about their heritage. The big selling point? It's in sunny Arizona when most areas of the country are experiencing deep-freeze temperatures. Have I convinced you yet?  ;)

Mary

• Administrator
Re: Highland games in the valley of the sun (Phoenix, Arizona)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 07:25:25 AM »
Well...........if only we had some young, enthusiastic fella who would take on being commissioner............

THAT's the biggest limiting factor --- that and whether the games will actually let us participate because we are not recognized by Lyon Court (an effort that could continue yet for years!)  Some games only let those clans listed in Clans, Septs and Families participate and, since Thomsons disappeared as a clan sometime after the 1590s, we aren't included in the book.  Lots of proof that we WERE a clan -

Lowell Thompson

• art-handlers.com
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 07:37:54 PM »
I'll be there to compete on Sat. My folks live down there. It is a great time to start the season off early. Wish me luck.
THROW HARD!!!

Booner

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 10:18:03 AM »
Lowell,

Good luck to you---You have the skill.

Booner

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 10:07:03 PM »
Cool Lowell. It's always fun to see you compete.  But in February I have my own competitions to attend.  Ski Racing goes on until mid April for me and the athletes that I coach.  We even have a ski camp on Memorial Day weekend.
DENY US NOT

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 09:36:20 PM »
Keep us posted on the standings!

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:23:55 AM »
Anybody hear back from Lowell on how the games went???