Author Topic: 2012 Rocky Mountain Highland Games and Colorado Scottish Festival  (Read 8829 times)

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
A good time was had by all and Clan Thompson continued to make new friends and spend time with old ones at the games in Highlands Ranch Colorado August 4 and 5 2012. Parker did not suffer as much from the heat this year, coming down from the mountains, as Saturday was cooler weather, though it was warm enough on Sunday. Mulligan Stew held forth both days with our famous pub songs, adding to lots of good music as the festival. I understand Lowell Thompson did not compete at these games owing to an injury of some sort. We wish him a speedy recovery.

Here are a few photos:

Notice Parker Thomson on the left representing the clan in the assembly of tartans on Saturday.

Michael Thompson (left), Timothy Thompson (center) and Sean Thompson (right) marching in the Parade of Clans on Sunday

Sean Thompson holding aloft the Thompson tartan in the assembly on Sunday.

In addition, I was invited back this year to officiate at the Kirkin' of the Tartans service on Sunday morning. I always enjoy that. We had a number of people stop by our tent in Clan row and were able to share a bit of our history with them. Apparently a couple of McTavishes came by while I was away. Sorry I missed that.

Clan Thompson will be represented in force at the Longs Peak Highland Festival in Estes Park, with the honor of having Tom and Mary with us once again, and being an honored clan at the invitation of the Campbells, with whom we have a most cordial relationship.

We are also planning to have a tent at the Celtic Harvest Festival in Edgewater Colorado, the first time we have attended this gathering. Look for more details on both of these September gatherings.
The Reivers Ride Again!

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
Re: 2012 Rocky Mountain Highland Games and Colorado Scottish Festival
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 12:37:36 PM »
Hi Michael,

Great photos!

We have undertaken a major project of providing each of our Clan Thompson commissioners with a new clan marching banner, a tent banner of the Border Reivers and a map of Scotland showing the Borders. The first few prototypes were not crisp and clean images so we had to have them redone. We have them here and will be mailing them to our commissioners next week.

I have gotten a few questions about: "What do I get from my dues I pay into the Clan" The answer is EVERYTHING WE HAVE AND DO as a clan:
      The web page which informs, introduces us and welcomes you.
      The forum which has had over 22,000 hits in 3 years.
      The Arms that were recently granted.     
      The flags, banners, books, table displays.
      The newsletters.
      Designing and having our clan badge cast - to be available for sale through the website shortly.

Those of you who read our forum and use our genealogy topic, but are not supporting members, should consider joining and helping us grow.

The most important thing you get from joining us is that we are FAMILY. We don't just talk the talk, but we walk the walk. If a clan is nothing but 'individuals,' then it isn't truly a clan.
Tom

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:35:38 PM »

Mulligan Stew performs- with Sean Thompson, Sherman, Michael Thompson.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:46:23 PM by Parker Thomson »
DENY US NOT

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 09:40:10 PM »

Impromptu jam session at the Davidson Clan tent next door.
DENY US NOT

Parker Thomson

• Denego Nos Non!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 11:17:37 PM »
Gotta say that I lined up on the far right because the McTavishes were on the far left.  ::)
DENY US NOT