Author Topic: 2016 Quechee Games  (Read 7770 times)

Stirling Thompson

2016 Quechee Games
« on: August 29, 2016, 11:54:16 AM »
The newly resurrected Quechee Games were held at the Quechee Polo Grounds in Quechee VT on Saturday August 27, 2016. The new sponsors were under considerable time constraints to put the games on this year and as a result there was no headline entertainment and the number of clans in attendance was down some but the athletes, dancers, pipe band competitors all showed up and next year I'm sure they'll do better.

It's a quick turnaround with only a week between the Maine and Quechee games so Dottie stayed home to get some real work done. Last year my granddaughter Leah went with me but she has started college at La Roche College in Pittsburg PA so I got her brother Alex to go with me. We left home at 4:45 am for the three hour ride up to Quechee. That part of New England has not been affected by the drought so there was lots of green along the way and also lots of fog but we got there and got setup in plenty of time.

Alex looked great in his Reiver outfit. There is a story here...the pants were made for me and I wore them to Glasgow Lands but they kept sliding down so Dottie said she would fix them but she cut them down too much so she had to make a whole new pair.

Attendance seemed to be down a little but that is understandable given the circumstances. Even so, we had a steady stream of visitors passing through the Clan Village area and we face the parade grounds so we could see all the bands in competition and the dancers across the way.

My youngest visitor was Shayna Thompson, when I asked her to smile she did this...

All in all it was a good day. The rest of the photos are here:
http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/StuT/library/Quechee%20Games%202016
Enjoy!
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
Re: 2016 Quechee Games
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 09:12:47 AM »
Stirling =
Sorry I didn't reply to your post and pictures!  Somehow, I totally missed it  :-\

Great pictures and we're so happy to hear Quechee isn't defunct after all! Hope all goes well and the gate was good enough to hold it again next year. The visitors looked like they were enjoying!