Author Topic: DUH!  (Read 8062 times)

Booner

DUH!
« on: August 27, 2010, 09:32:46 PM »
Having not posted on this site for a while, OK, a long while, I've been reading posts from all the new people and just catching up in general.  So as I'm wandering around and get off on a tangent about Border Reivers  and then off on Clan Elliot who is putting together a DNA data base on Border reiver family DNA.

So I'm searching the data base, yes, lots of Thom(p)sons.  So I get out my DNA information and start comparing my numbers vs the other submitters.  Low and Behold there's a Thompson who's markers match mine---25 markers out of 25!!!!!!  The guy submitted his info through the "Y-Search" site.  I go there, log in, and request a search of everyone in their data base who's markers match mine, marker for marker and that guys submittal comes up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, it was me. It's been so long that I've done any work on my DNA that i forgot i submitted my info to the "Y-Search" site.  How the Border Reiver DNA site got it is beyond me.

Well, at least I know I'm related to myself.

Oh, I did find a guy who matched me 24 out of 25--I sent him an email so maybe I'll get lucky.

Regards,
Booner

p.s.
can you believe this thing keeps telling me I've spelt my name wrong?!?

Donna

Re: DUH!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 11:51:55 PM »
Welcome back Booner!

Sounds like you forgot your medication again  ;)   In any case, I got a good laugh
out of it.

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Thomas B. Thompson

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:36:57 PM »
Do you think it might be that cool thin Rocky Moutain air that makes people do things like that?
Ha Ha

Tom (Indiana)

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 07:01:30 PM »
Booner

Question, could it be the numbers of your birth years instead of the DNA numbers that caused your confusion??
Tom