General Category > General Scottish

REMEMBRANCE

(1/8) > >>

MACTAVISH:
WELL CHAPS; ITS THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN.BRITISH REMEMBRANCE DAY IS 8 WEEKS AWAY. I SHALL- AS USUAL- BE AT THE CENOTAPH IN LONDON REPRESENTING MY COMRADES, YARDS FROM THE QUEEN. LAST YEAR I LAID A CROSS/WREATH FOR OUR JOINT NAMES. THIS YEAR IM GOING TO LAY 2...A CLAN THOMPSON ONE AND MY OWN. I THINK IT FITTING; THE SCOTS MEMORIALS ARE FULL OF YOUR NAMESAKES.
IN THE LAST 2 YEARS THE WRITTEN WORDS HAVE BEEN READ BY PRINCES ANDREW AND WILLIAM.  THIS YEAR I WANT TO INCORPERATE THE PAST/PRESENT/FUTURE AND EXPRESS THAT THE WORDS ARE HEARTFELT FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.   SUBMISSIONS PLEASE, WE MAY BE ABLE TO FIT IT ALL TOGETHER(BUT REMEMBER I ONLY HAVE A A CARD 6''X 4''- DONT WANT TO OUTDO THE QUEEN!)

Stirling Thompson:
For us Yanks, Remembrance Day is functionally equivalent to Memorial Day but on a calendar basis it is Veterans Day (formerly Armistice Day commemorating the end of WWI). It is a time to honor the lives and sacrifices of those men and women who gave their all for God and country and to remember that without their sacrifices we would not enjoy the liberty, rights, priviliges and freedom that we have today. Two minutes of silent, prayerful thanks doesn't seem like too much to ask on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month to show our fallen heroes and the rest of the world that We Remember Still!

Stirling Thompson:
This has been around for a while now but if you've never seen it it's worth checking out and if you have it's worth checking it out again.

http://www.terry-kelly.com/pittance/pittance_en.htm#

Click on VIDEO or LYRICS (Audio version).

Mary:

--- Quote from: MACTAVISH on September 08, 2008, 10:00:45 AM ---WELL CHAPS; ITS THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN.BRITISH REMEMBRANCE DAY IS 8 WEEKS AWAY. I SHALL- AS USUAL- BE AT THE CENOTAPH IN LONDON REPRESENTING MY COMRADES, YARDS FROM THE QUEEN. LAST YEAR I LAID A CROSS/WREATH FOR OUR JOINT NAMES. THIS YEAR IM GOING TO LAY 2...A CLAN THOMPSON ONE AND MY OWN. I THINK IT FITTING; THE SCOTS MEMORIALS ARE FULL OF YOUR NAMESAKES.
IN THE LAST 2 YEARS THE WRITTEN WORDS HAVE BEEN READ BY PRINCES ANDREW AND WILLIAM.  THIS YEAR I WANT TO INCORPERATE THE PAST/PRESENT/FUTURE AND EXPRESS THAT THE WORDS ARE HEARTFELT FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.   SUBMISSIONS PLEASE, WE MAY BE ABLE TO FIT IT ALL TOGETHER(BUT REMEMBER I ONLY HAVE A A CARD 6''X 4''- DONT WANT TO OUTDO THE QUEEN!)

--- End quote ---

MACTAVISH ---- Unfortunately, I'm good at research and government-speak..........NOT good at this sort of thing at all!  Didn't Ern come up with something last year??? Maybe he could do it again! We certainly don't want to miss out on having a memorial for our names - I'll be this will be a first!

Come on people - think of what can go on the card and be read by the princes!!!

Mary

Barbara:
"Honesty is the Best Policy" has to be in there somewhere.

Ern, what was it you came up with last year?

Barbara

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version