Author Topic: All Things Scottish Celtic Fest  (Read 9334 times)

Debra Montague

All Things Scottish Celtic Fest
« on: June 30, 2009, 02:33:10 PM »
This is the Scottish Festival in Iowa that I support. I've lost track of when I first started going. It's held in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, which was, last year, inundated by a 1,000 year flood. The venue for this event was heavily damaged and forced the cancellation of the festival. As my mother, brothers and niece live in and near Cedar Rapids, it's a chance for me to visit with them as well as promote our Scottish heritage.

It's back this year, http://www.haggis-iowa.com/index1.html and I will be there. I hope they have a good turn out in spite of whatever weather Mother Nature decides to provide.

Deb M.

Mary

• Administrator
Re: All Things Scottish Celtic Fest
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 06:30:32 PM »
Just to make it easy in case someone in the "northern climes" might be able to make it to the fest..........

September 26, 2009
Ushers Ferry Historic Village
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Michael Thompson

• Unitas et Probitas
    • Thompson Family Web Site
Re: All Things Scottish Celtic Fest
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »
This is the Scottish Festival in Iowa that I support. I've lost track of when I first started going. It's held in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, which was, last year, inundated by a 1,000 year flood.

You sure God likes this event? Last year a thousand year flood, this year tornadoes and lightning. Sounds interesting, at least.
The Reivers Ride Again!