Author Topic: Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival  (Read 7977 times)

Stirling Thompson

Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival
« on: July 12, 2010, 09:56:51 AM »
Clan Thom(p)son will be represented at Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival this weekend (Saturday, July 17, 2010) at Look Park North Hampton, MA.
Stu
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Donna

Re: Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 12:24:31 PM »
And, I must say,  very well represented.   Have a wonderful time Stu!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Stirling Thompson

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:39:01 AM »
Sorry it's taken so long to post a report but stuff happens so better late than never.

Glasgow Lands Scottish Festival was held on Saturday, July 17, 2010 at beautiful Look Park in Florence, MA. The weather was hot and humid with only an occasional breeze (and ice cream) to cool us off. Dottie and I left home at 6AM for the 1 1/2 hour drive and got everything set up in plenty of time for the 9AM opening of the gates. My brother Ray and his girlfriend Peggy came a little later and helped man the tent for the day. Look Park is huge and all the activities were really spread out so during my short breaks from the tent I really didn't get to see very much of what was going on. Opening ceremonies and the parade of clans took place at 11:30 am and Ray and I carried the Clan Tartans and gave our war cry... "Thompsons ride! Shake loose the border!" We had a lot more visitors here than what we had at the RI games and I even spoke with a couple Thoms about the Society and the forum and I got my brother to fork over for a membership! Entertainers this year included Charlie Zahm, Clandestine, Boston Blackthorne and Enter the Haggis along with the Emerald Road Dancers and the Pioneer Valley Harper's Guild. And of course there were Pipe band and dance competitions along with Scottish Heavy Athletics events including the 2010 New England Scottish Hammer Throw Championship for both men and women. Dottie took a few pictures and will post them on facebook for those that would like to see them.
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 05:39:32 PM »
Thanks so much for shouldering the job, Stu and Dot!  Manning a tent can be very exhausting....and very rewarding! It sounds like a good games....do you have any idea how many people 'usually' go through the games each year? I know if it's unbearably hot and humid, some people won't venture out.....but on average? Do you know how many clans were represented?

Glad you got to talk to some Thoms....AND got your brother to join!   ;D

I gather your stamp STILL didn't arrive...?  Maybe I can have them sent here and manage to get them to you and Booner!  You would think 3 times would be the charm on those things!   :(

Anyway, hope you had a good time and we'll look forward to the pics! Did you see the ones you sent from GrandFather? I got them posted....

Mary

Thomas Thompson

• Deny Us Not!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:07:42 AM »
Hi Stu
  As in OZ 'You done good mate' I think that said it's becoming a bit overdone. I'll have to think of a new way to congratulate people for the work they have done to promote Clan Thom(p)son. any suggestions???
Tom