General Category > General Scottish

Scotch

<< < (6/7) > >>

Paula Cash Womack:
Well Tom,

When you come to Knoxville, stop by at the Cedar Bluff exit, at McScrooge's.  They have Glenmorangie, and a lot of the finer (and not so finer) scotches. Jim does like the Glenmorangie, but he has also enjoyed various other single malts I have picked out for him.  Give us  call when you get that close.  It's right down the street from us.

Paula

Marlin:
I'm not sure if anyone is following this thread anymore, but this is a subject that I don't mind bringing back to life.  I am fairly new when it comes to Scottish Whisky however I have had the pleasure of enjoying a few different types.  The age old quest for finding the "best Scotch" has probably been pursued by many, and I think what's best is only to be determined by the individual.  Of the few types I have tried one of my personal favorites is Oban.  If your familiar with a flavor chart, Oban is nicely situated almost center, it has a nice balance and very easy to enjoy.  On the extreme side I have tried Lagavulin which is a very nice Scotch as well, however it is very peaty, so if you dont like a smokey Scotch, you may not enjoy it.  For a cheaper Scotch that easily found, I don't mind Glenlevit, it also has a nice balance and goes down quite easy.  I prefer a single malt Scotch to blended, however if you like blended there's nothing wrong with that either.

My next adventure on my quest for the perfect Scotch will be one of these two, Belvinie DoubleWood 17, it is aged in an oak cask and finished in a sherry cask.  The second one, Bunnahabhain,was recommended by a fellow Scotsman who I trust to be a good judge of a nice dram of whisky.

I hope to hear from some of you and hear some of your experiances with all the different types of Scotch Whisky.

Barbara:
Hi Marlin, I don't have much experience with Scotch, whiskey gives me a headache....bummer, but maybe some one else in the Clan can compare fine drinks with you.   :D

Barbara

Parker Thomson:
"Best Scotch" is an entirely relative thing:

For instance- on this particular day at the Rocky Mountain Scottish Festival in Highlands Ranch, CO, I was partial to Glen Morangie…

Thomas Thompson:
Parker

That's not fair.  Your picture seems to say that you were able to attract those beautiful lasses thru your charm and good looks.

I am sure that if we knew the whole story the truth might be a bit different.

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version