Author Topic: Hello from Indiana  (Read 9704 times)

Rachael Thompson

Hello from Indiana
« on: December 23, 2010, 02:02:35 PM »
My name is Rachael Thompson and I just recently became serious about researching my Thompson heritage. Currently, I am a college student so I am doing this is the little free time that I have. I was born and raised in Indianapolis, IN, and my family has been in Indiana/Kentucky for a little over 100 years. As best as I can tell, I have located the beginnings of my family tree here: http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=AHN&db=:a44634&id=I3923 . Robert Mitchell Thompson in line one would be my grandfather, and my father is yet another Robert Mitchell Thompson. We have a copy of a some of my family tree at home, but I have yet to locate it, so until I do, I am using the link above as my family tree.

I know for certain that I am related to Abraham Lincoln through the Shipley side, and I am also related to Stith Thompson, the folklore professor who I have seen linked to on this forum, but I am stuck on how to proceed to get more details. For now, I plan on posting in the genealogy forum to see if I can get started in the right direction.

I can't wait to get to know some other Thompsons and find out more about my family tree! This seems like the best place for me to start that journey.

Rachael

Donna

Re: Hello from Indiana
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 01:41:10 AM »
Welcome to you Rachael   :D

It's so nice to have you join us!   You'll see that we're a fun bunch so dont be shy...
just jump right in!

Donna
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Rachael Thompson

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »
Thank you! I know it's a busy time, but I'm hoping to get a more thorough post put together in the coming days so that I can get started on fleshing out my family tree. It's a bit overwhelming to get started, but I think this will be a great resource to help me figure things out. I'm excited to see what awaits me!

Rachael

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »
Gosh!  And we just left Carmel, IN back to Tennessee! Maybe we had another cousin we could have met while there..... ;)

Posting in the genealogy section is the best bet.....most of us check that section periodically to see if there are any new links...and our genealogist may take a peek too!

Good luck with your genealogy search and your college classes!

Mary

Sis Thompson's oldest

• Sis Thompson at 16...
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 09:57:43 AM »
Welcome Rachael!

Glad you have joined us!  ;D

Most of my Thompsons are from eastern Indiana (Lynn, Winchester & Richmond) Wayne and Randolph counties and into Ohio. We all have a connection somehow. In the meantime we will keep looking, eh?
Cheers,
Sherry

The bad news? There is no key to the universe. The good news? It was never locked.

uneven

• where you're from depends on when you stop looking
    • Thompson Hunt
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »
Hi Rachael.

My Thompsons are from Alexandria Indiana and before that possibly Pennsylvania. I was born in Cadillac Michigan and raised all over the place. If we get enough Indiana Thompsons in here, these dots will have to start connecting!

I have a question about your link to the world family tree. Is that your tree and if so, how did you get it into the world family tree for free viewing? I'd be really excited to be able to hand out links to my family tree, but can't figure out how.

Thanks

mike
Mike Thompson from Michigan..then Indiana..then Pennsylvania and further...probably somewhere there are sheep. Call me Legion for I am many.

Booner

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 10:09:20 PM »
Hi Rachael!

I was looking over your family tree on Ancestory.com and it looks like you have a lot done!  I found it really interesting that Stith Thompson moved to Kentucky during the revolution.

And it was real cool the while on Ancestory,com,  I looked at my family tree.  I think i'll join up again to update my tree.

Get back to your studies!

all the best

Booner